Today at 12:55, Elisha had complete victory over this terrible disease. She has had an extremely tough journey. Worse than I had ever imagined possible. Through the entire trial, she remained faithful and a true warrior. She never lost her faith and trust in God. I am only writing this, because I know that she would want you to know. She encouraged me to continue to write, long after she wasn't able. I haven't been able to do so. Only now, so that you will know why she hasn't written. (I am not the writer that she is, but I want to do what she asked, so just bear with me) Today, cancer lost. Yes, lost. Lost in a big way! It no longer has a hold on her body. She was given a new body today. One that is perfect. No sickness, no pain; she is whole! She is with Jesus, looking around her new home. She would want you to know that she was not bitter. She took one day at a time; loving her family and trusting in God. She is in a far better place today. Although, it is a place too far away for my liking. I would love to be selfish and wish her to be back here with me. I feel that she was taken away, entirely too soon. She would just say that it must have been the plan. We had many conversations about what she was going through. She told me that it was worth it, if it made a difference in only one life. I am confident that she has affected MANY more!
Arrangements for Elisha will be posted tomorrow.
Love,
Karen
(Elisha's older sister)
Bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI did not know Elisha personally, but through all the posts that I have seen on FB, I knew she loved the Lord and her family so much. One day we will know why she was taken so early, but then it won't really matter because if we know Jesus, we will see her again in her perfect body in heaven. Thanks be to God for the life she lived! Through her example may many more come to know the Lord:))
ReplyDeleteI didn't find out about Elisha's battle until I saw posted online that she had passed. She was a wonderful person when I knew her in school and always had kind things to say toward others and wanted people to be happy and enjoy life. I am sorry to hear of her passing and my thoughts will be with her family (esp her little boy).
ReplyDeleteI never knew your sister! I only knew her husband from school. I first read her blog back in December, it really touched my heart! My prayers are with Steven and the rest of her family!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to learn of your sister's passing. I knew her a tiny bit from bc.org. I am a middle aged mom with mbc. I can't say I know how you feel, as I haven't ever been in your shoes, I can only imagine. But I am sorry for your loss. I am outraged at the young woman's life taken so quickly and at such a young age. Please accept my condolences. May God comfort you and help you through this difficult time. Please try to remember the good times, the tender times, and the fun you had with her, and not just her suffering. God bless.
ReplyDeletei have been in your shoes before...i lost my brother to melanoma when he was 35. he lived 4 months from diagnosis until death.
ReplyDeletei followed elisha's blog and caring bridge, although i did not know her personally. i came upon her story later than most -- december 2012 . i read her story backwards (if that makes sense ) beginning with when she had the headache at work and found out cancer had spread to her brain. i literally felt sick at my stomach reading her blog explaining her emotions, desperation, exhaustion, of hearing the doctor's words -- seeing the results of the mri. i, too was with my brother, and the doctor, looking at the cat scan results seeing his 7 brain tumors. my heart was with elisha at that time and all through her fight. God brought her to my mind constantly to pray for through the last 3 months. i cried for someone i had never met, for her sisters, her husband, mother and father, and especially for sawyer. i believe in God's perfect plan for everyone's life. in saying that, i would be remiss to say i understand God's ways...
elisha's faith was steadfast and strong. i know God has her safely in His loving arms saying, "Well done, Elisha, my good and faithful servant..."